About This Webinar
The data mesh is a hot topic and approach to building a decentralized analytics architecture where Business domains are responsible for their data – giving ownership to the group that's closest to and best understands the data. For this approach to work at scale, the semantic layer has become critical to Enterprises as the glue that binds tools and teams together – connecting databases, BI tools, and various teams.
This session will explain how central data teams can define common models and definitions with a semantic layer and allows users to browse the mesh of related data products. You'll learn how by promoting data stewardship and ownership by domain experts, using a common set of tools and semantic definitions, your entire organization will be empowered to create data products at scale.
Host Scott Bekker Webinar Moderator, ActualTech Media
Featuring Dave Mariani Founder & CTO, AtScale
What You'll Learn
- The role of a data mesh in the modern analytics architecture
- How a Semantic Layer fits with a "Data Mesh" approach
- Operationalizing your "Data Mesh" with a Semantic Layer
- Getting everyone to speak "Data" with the same (business) language
- "Future Proofing" your cloud analytics stack